Top 5 Writing Resolutions
I don’t believe in New Year’s Resolutions because they leave most people disillusioned by February therefore I’m a goal setter instead. However, that’s enough about me. If you want to make resolutions for the New Year here are five to consider.
1. I resolve not to send out a terrible query letter like this.
2. I resolve not to be self destructive (i.e. turning to the bottle, drugs or that bag of double stuffed Oreos) if I get a rejection(s), a nasty review or any type of discouraging news.
3. I resolve not to compare my first draft efforts to that of a bestselling published book (I will remember that published books have been rewritten and edited many times to be polished for public viewing).
4. I resolve to do my research so I don’t fall prey to scams like these.
5. I resolve to be proactive. To take responsibility of my career. I will know my priorities (emailing is not writing, it’s chatting; blogging is fun, but manuscripts mean money).
That’s it. Have fun and create your own resolutions if you wish or create one solid goal that you intend to accomplish.
Happy New Year! I wish you a 2009 filled with contracts, royalties and riches.